Kids 10-18 have a summer of fun planned for them at the library! Those entering Grades 5-12 are invited to sign up for our Tweens & Teens (T2) Reading Club. They’ll get to choose from a special ‘big kid friendly’ list of prizes for completing their reading cards. Prizes will include earbuds, books, glow necklaces, gift certificates, smoothie cups, and more! Our T2 readers are encouraged to choose their own books and read at their own pace during the summer. They can turn in one reading card for the entire summer or one every day, but just like the younger kids, prizes are limited to one each week.
We also have a selection of events just for kids 10-18 years old. They’re scheduled every Wednesday during Summer Reading with one exception the first week:
- Monday, June 13 at 4pm: Video Game Making Workshop
- Spaces are limited so save your spot by registering today!
- Wednesday, June 22 at 2pm: Teen’Scape
- Play video games, make crafts, eat pizza, hang out with friends
- Wednesday, June 29 at 2pm: #ThrowbackWednesday
- Be a kid again with fingerpainting, playdough, snacks, and more.
- Wednesday, July 6 at 2pm: Teen Makers
- Build with strawbees and LEGO blocks and create with makey makey, Perler beads, and gif-makers.
- Wednesday, July 13 at 2pm: Teen Craft: Rock Garden
- Do you or someone you know have a black thumb? This garden won’t need watering!
- Wednesday, July 20 at 2pm: Teen’Scape
- Play video games, make crafts, eat pizza, hang out with friends.
- Wednesday, July 27 at 2pm: Minute to Win It
- Can you move an Oreo from your forehead to your mouth without using your hands? Team up to complete this and other silly minute-long tasks.
- Wednesday, August 3 at 2pm: Teen Movie: The 5th Wave
- Enjoy the PG-13 rated movie based on the bestselling book of the same name.
Feel free to give us a call at 616.846.5770 ext. 134 or stop by Youth Services with any questions. Sign up begins on June 10 and continues through the Summer until August 6.